40yr old Male, 5 8 , 175lbs, non-smoker. No history

Excellent

Question
40yr old Male, 5'8", 175lbs, non-smoker. No history of high blood pressure, heart conditions, have had EKGs before, never had a stress test. There is history in 2nd generation of male heart disease in family.

Do have history of Silent Acid Reflux, had dysphagia recently for close to a month.

***The Issue***

When I walk more than five minutes I get a tightness that feels as if it is over my heart, left center chest where the muscle of my left chest begins, it is not sharp pain, dull pain that is barley noticeable, scale of 2 out of 1 though 10. It goes away once I stop walking for 10 minutes.

This does not happen to me when I say ride a bicycle for long periods of time with high heart rate. Nor when weight training with heavy weights and have high blood pressure. Only when I walk.

I do feel some symptoms of the silent reflux as well once resting as if I just ate something I shouldn't have, not heart burn, but a feeling I associate with it.

Do I need stress test? Or is this most likely some form of reflux caused by the motion of walking?
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikley that you need stress test at this time!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this. The fact that you simply don't have this pain with bicycling means it is not strictly heart related. I will recommend that you go ahead and get good anti reflux management. I recommend 20mg of omeprazole daily for 15days. Also, avoid tobacco, alcohol, eating soon to bedtime, chocolates and leaning forward too soon after meals. You do not need a stress test at this time.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Keep me updated with your response and progress.