40 weeks pregnant. Started severe vomiting, diarrhoea and back pain. Any complication?

40+3 and severr vommiting and diarrheai am over 40 weeks pregnant and all last night i had the most crippling backpain that left me unable to even stand. today that has died down and for the last 6 or 7 hours iv had severe vommiting and diarrhea unable to keep even water down. i am also a gestational diabetic on insulin however my sugars are not excessively high (around the six mark) despite not eating today. my hospital said to go to my g.p who is unfortunately fully booked so i said i would come here. oh also i took my temperature which was reading as 32. i. mot sure if the thermometer jas suddemly broken or not
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
You seem to have developed food poisoning.
Normally not much medication is required in such cases most of the times.
Just rest and taking care of your hydration is enough in most of the cases.
Take plenty of fluids by way of ORS,coconut water,fruit juices,lemon water etc.
You may take  PREVACID once a day for couple of days.

If your vomiting and diarrhea doesn't stop in next 24 to 36 hours or your intake is not sufficient or if you are feeling very low and exhausted,then you may require intravenous fluid for replenishment of electrolytes and water.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck