4 year old having persisting cough. Medication?

ENT Specialist
my son age about 4 and half year have suffer from cough for last three or 4 days
pls suggest the medicine
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 7 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

You have provided with good information. But to provide you with better information I would like to know a few more details regarding your son's condition. Hence I request you to kindly answer these questions.

1. Does your son only have cough or any other symptoms such as cold or fever?

2. Is his cough dry or productive (wet)?

3. Does he have a history of snoring at night or mouth breathing while sleeping? This would mean that he has nasal obstruction due to adenoid hypertrophy, casing a post nasal drip and cough.

Awaiting your reply,