4 year old child, bump on right shoulder blade, small in size, non movable, feels like a bone. Causes for bump ?

General Surgeon
My 4 yeas old son has a hard bump on his right shoulder blade,it is about pea sized and is not movable. It really feel like bone. It's not painful. What is it could be?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 10 hours later

Thanks for nice query.     

Painless hard bump on the scapula or right shoulder blade can be due osteoma or bony benign growth of scapula.

It is generally benign in nature.

Get X-Ray or MRI of part to reach the final diagnosis.

If it is symptom free, nothing much needs to be done. But if it increases in size or becomes painful, it can excised and sent for biopsy.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.