Ask a Urologist   »  

4 year child having red and swollen penis from mosquito bite. Should i go for medical check up?

My 4-year-old's penis is red and swollen from a mosquito bite. He is itching and it is pretty swollen. Should I take him to Emergency Room or should I wait and see regular doctor. I'm not sure how long it has been like this, but it is better today than yesterday.
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 24 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

If he is passing urine easily and improving, you can consult his regular doctor. Mean while you can apply surfaz-sn/quadriderm ointment on swollen area.

If he is feeling difficulty in passing urine, you should take him to Emergency room.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,