4 year child having epilepsy, fever and circular dark bruise with white centre on inner knee. Any treatment?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
My 4 year old nephew has circular dark "bruise" on left inner knee. about 1 inch diameter with white center and small lump underneath. Don't know if he fell or if it hurts or itches because he does not speak. He currently has a low grade fever and irritable. He has epilepsy and global developmental delay.
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
hello
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question

could you upload a photo of the lesion at your convenience so I could help you better

Thanks

Follow-up: 4 year child having epilepsy, fever and circular dark bruise with white centre on inner knee. Any treatment? 23 hours later
I uploaded the picture of bruise. It is on the inner portion of his left knee.

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 12 hours later
Thanks for the answer

I cannot see the photo uploaded.

Follow-up: 4 year child having epilepsy, fever and circular dark bruise with white centre on inner knee. Any treatment? 11 hours later
How do I upload a photo? I thought it would work with the "Upload New Report"s but obviously it did not.

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 8 hours later
You can upload them to any free photo hosting site like picasa or photobucket and send me the link

Follow-up: 4 year child having epilepsy, fever and circular dark bruise with white centre on inner knee. Any treatment? 14 hours later
Here's the link to the photo.
WWW.WWWW.WW

Thanks for the photo .

The bruise with the lump is in indication of a Hematoma which looks very large. I would suggest that you should take him to the Pediatrician to examine the area and the muscle and bone tissue around . An investigation may be required .

No particular cream / ointment will help in reducing the bruise. If there is swelling and fever , I would recommend intake of children's paracetamol which your Doctor will advice and an antibiotic if necessary .

Please do book an appointment with the doctor as advised.

Thanks and take care