4 week child. Is it safe to give canesten cream for thrush?

ENT Specialist
my pharmasist reccomended giving my 4 week old canesten cream to ingest for her thrush should I?

she has had it for 2 weeks now I have tried nystain or what ever and g violet crap, I had strep B while pregnant and never had time to get any antibiotics befor delevery because it went to fast, my 4 week old also pooped before birth, and had a little bit of jaundice but not enough to be hospitalized. her thrush in on her tongue and roof of her mouth
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 2 hours later
Hello I am Dr Ravinder Sharma. I would advise you not to use canesten cream as it is not for ingestion. There are differnt kind of antifungal preparations available. I would first recommend you to consult a doctor as it requires clinical work up to elicit the cause of oral thrush.
Oral thrush may be because of a variety of conditions . Daibetes, immunocompromised state and poor oral hygiene are common causes. I would advise you for clotrimazole mouth paint and fix a appointment with the doctor

I hope this answers your concerns. Feel free to contact me if your need more information on this

With warm regards

Ravinder Sharma