4 months refusing breast feeding while awake and spitting but taking any formula drink in bottle. Suggest?

My Daughter's age is 4months and she is on breast feed only. Suddenly i'm seeing that she is refusing breast feeding while she is awake ..not at all she is taking breast milk but through bottle any formula feed she is taking. So what i'm doing when she is sleeping i'm feeding her and that time only she is drinking the milk but as she is sleeping i'm not able to do burping, as result when she is awake she is spitting a lot and having gas formation ..
and through out the day she is almost crying
Pls Let me know what to do??
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Its very uncommon and rare for a baby to avoid breatfeeding, this can happen only when there are any lesions or rashes over the nipple which can impart unacceptable taste.

Apply NIPCARE ointment to the nipples this will soothen the nipples and prevent infections or rashes of any type. Also you can apply a drop of pure honey to the nipples just before breast feeding.

If you are bottle or breast feeding while asleep then there is no worry in patting the baby to burp. Do XXXXXXX the baby whether you feed her in sleep or when awake. The increased crying could be due to hunger caused by frequent vomiting.

Hope, I answered your query.