4 month baby diagnosed with a pin hole penis and UTI. What is the cure for pinhole penis?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Dr Doc, my 4month old son is being diagnosed with a pin hole penis, and now got uti, is there is any relation in between? my local Dr prescribe a routine urine test which show protein and few pus and epithelial cell present.And prescribed cefixime .taxim o drops twice daily for 5 days along with alcasol.Baby has shown problem in passing urine and is not frequent.Is those are safe on newborns and what is the cure for pinhole penis?
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query

What I gather from your information is that your child has phimosis
It is tightening of the skin covering the penis
The medicines mentioned are good for controlling infection in urine

If there is ballooning while passing urine he may need circumcision

But usually the surgeon will recommend trying to retract the prepuce using a local anesthetic gel along with an antibiotic cream, if that does not work he may end up in circumcision

One word of caution : if recommended do not stretch the skin hard and cause a tear in it

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of doubts
Wishing your child a healthy life ahead