4 gallstone attacks within 2 months. Feeling lethargic, dizzy, vomiting, bright orange urine, pale feces. What is it ?

I've had what I assume are 4 gallstone attacks within the last 2 months. The first occuring around the new year, the 2nd occuring Feb 5th, and the 3rd and 4th occuring on the 2nd and 3rd of this month. I experienced sharp pain in my uppper right abdomen and between my shoulder blades disappearing and coming back lasting for 2-3 hours. Within the last 48 hours I've been extremely lethargic, dizzy, and have experienced my urine being bright neon oragne and my feces being pale, kinda like beige. I've also vomited bile for the last 2 mornings.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

I can understand your concern for these symptoms. Three possibilities which should be ruled out from your symptoms are:

1)     Acute cholecystitis or inflammation of the gall bladder which can be due to stones in the gall bladder. The diagnosis of the same is usually confirmed with the help of an ultrasound.

2)     Intestinal obstruction: Any obstruction of the small intestine, even as far as the jejunum and ileum of the small intestine, will usually cause the expulsion of intestinal contents which have already mixed with bile in the duodenum. It can present with pain abdomen and bile vomiting and may be due to gallstone ileus.

3)     Liver disease which can present with upper abdominal pain, referred pain to abdomen and bile vomiting.

You need to consult a Gastroenterologist and get ultrasound or CT (Computerized Tomography) abdomen along with liver function tests done to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.