4 and half yeard old girl, brown particles in urine. Is this because of healing of labial adhesion?

My daughter is 4 and a half and for the last few months I've noticed on and off that she has brown particles in her urine. Half the time her urine is clear, the other half of the time her urine has 1 or two, sometimes 3 or 4 little brown particles in it. We took her to her doctor who didn't seem concerned and thought it could be from the healing of her labial adhesion and the sloughing off of cells. I also discussed it with my doctor who wasn't concerned either and said girls this age have infections commonly. Still, I'm seeing it so frequently that I'm still concerned. Do you know what could be causing this?
Thanks! Karolyn
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 2 hours later

I appreciate your concern, that can at times be a serious matter.
Labial adhesions/infections usually do not cause brown particles. If at all they may have reddish and are likely to be with pain.

brown particles in urine are often related to red blood cells that are altered in kidneys. we need to confirm this on repeated urine testings for RBC and RBC casts.

Its good that child is not having any symptoms at present; but we need to be more careful to rule out above cause that may suggest some issues within kidney (its glomerulus), such conditions may at times be labelled as acute glomerulomephritis.

i tried to explain you in simplest words, if you have any further queries please let me know. You may take a print out of this and discuss with your pediatrician too.
Thank you.