4 Months, twin pregnancy expected, white discharge. Immediate doctor consultation required?

Hi All, my wife has 4 month with twin pregnancy today, she is complaining of white discharge.. do we need to consult the doctor immediately or it is normal
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Child Birth
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 58 minutes later
Hi Ankuranand,
Thanks for writing in.
In pregnancy normal vaginal secretions increase in amount & may become a bit thicker. This is absolutely normal. If it is not associated with itching , a foul smell or bloody streaks it is normal.
If the discharge is copious & watery it may indicate ruptured membranes. In that case you need to take her to the hospital immediately.
Hope I have addressed all your concerns. If you want to discuss this further you may write back.
I will be happy to answer.
Best Regards.