39 years old, high blood pressure. On AMTAS-AT tablets. Permanent solution for high BP?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sir,I am 39 yrs old.I have high blood pressure from past 1 year.My docotor prescribed me AMTAS-AT 50 mg tablet.I am taking it regularly but its don't control my bp.Please tell me the parmanent solution.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
To control your raised blood pressure levels, regular and appropriate treatment is needed. If your blood pressure is not controlled adequately by Amtas-AT 50 mg then the dose needs to be revised or an additional drug needs to be added. There is no permanent solution of this problem. Regular monitoring is needed while taking the treatment and doses need to be revised.
You must consult your physician for appropriate treatment.
Reducing fatty foods, salt and increasing citrus fruits,garlic,fish ,brown rice in your diet helps.Also avoid smoking , alcohol and stress.Try yoga, meditation and reduce your weight to lower your blood pressure.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.