39 weeks pregnant. No effacement and dilation. Which ultrasound is accurate in dating of pregnancy?

I am 39 weeks pregnant (my dr. says 38) and I do not go into labor on my own. I will have neither effacement and dilation without medial intervention. Our doctor is aware of this. (We changed insurance and thus doctors with our fourth baby.) Our doctor is now giving us one excuse after another for not scheduling an inducement date and we are sick of it. We need help. Also, which ultrasound is more accurate:
1) a 7 week ultrasound
2) a 20 week ultrasound (measuring organs etc.) or
3) a third trimester / 39 week ultrasound
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 4 hours later

For dating of pregnancy first trimester ultrasound is most accurate, in your case 7 week ultrasound. Until there is some specific reason, all medical guidelines advise to wait for spontaneous labor till expected date of delivery.

Your previous inductions are not good enough reasons to induce you before your expected date of delivery. If your pregnancy continues beyond your expected date of delivery then your doctor is bound to induce you.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.