37 weeks pregnant, numb hands, difficulty breathing, frequent contractions, labor ?

Hi I'm 37 weeks pregnant my hand are starting to numb up and I'm having difficulty breathing everytime I have a XXXXXXX XXXXXXX contraction, should I be worried or am I going into true labor
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Follow-up: 37 weeks pregnant, numb hands, difficulty breathing, frequent contractions, labor ? 4 minutes later
It been ten years since I was last pregnant I don't know or remember my last pregnancy. I'm alittle worried but calm enough not to run to the hospital panicing over something I don't know for sure.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 26 minutes later

It is very common to be anxious at the end of your pregnancy, when the baby is 95% ready to be delivered and is very active. Probably in about a week you will be having your baby.

Since the baby is big enough and the uterus is exerting pressure on the lungs, you will have some breathing difficulty. But when the baby descends into the pelvis in the last few days , then you will have some relief.

You can do XXXXXXX breathing exercises to keep yourself calm.

In case of any severe pain, or any leakage of fluid or blood, and contractions lasting more than 5 minutes, and each contraction coming within 20-30 minutes of each other, then you need to see a doctor.

But in case there are no such symptoms before your due date, then you can see your doctor on the expected date of delivery. The doctor will examine you and then determine the next course of action.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.