3.5 year old has two bony protrusions on each side near temple. Should I be concerned?

Our 3.5yr old has two bony protrusions (both the same size) on each side near his temple. They have appeared recently. Should we be concerned???
Oh they are not painful...when we ask him.
And they are about the size of a pea.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 1 hour later
I understand your concern… but they need not be bony even though over bones.
…but considering the given information I take it that the small bumps being extensions of bone…

That takes us to the rare diagnoses of osteophytosis. Or abnormal calcification……
These cases being rare… I would consider them assoft tissue swellings like furuncle or node or papule… which can also be painless but easy to move over bone.
A pic or further info will be crucial in being precise. Please write back with details.