35 year old. Started having heart palpitation. Getting twitching leg and low sperm count. Is this stomach infection?

My husband is a 35 year old male, healthy, active and started having heart palps about 8 weeks ago. We do not eat processed foods and maintain a very healthy diet. He's also getting leg twitching and a low sperm count. He tried increasing his magnesium, however that has not helped. Could this be from leaky gut? or some sort of stomach infection?
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

It is not necessary that palpitations are always related to heart related some serious problem. It is a minor symptom which occurs in several conditions even in exercise and stress. The palpitations your husband is experiencing are most probably due to anxiety problem which is most common for this age. If he is being disturbed by the feelings then 10mg propranolol is recommended

if you have some queries, feel free to ask. It will be my pleasure to help you.
Follow-up: 35 year old. Started having heart palpitation. Getting twitching leg and low sperm count. Is this stomach infection? 20 hours later
Here is some more info from him, also, he has low blood pressure, not sure a beta blocker is what he needs?
XXXXXX Ten weeks ago I began feeling light flutters in my chest. Around the same time I had contracted what I believed was poison ivy that got infested in a few days on the dorsum of my right foot. It took approximately 2 weeks for this wound to heal. In addition, a rash develop in my groin area as well as on both hips in the proximity of the greater torchanter. Eventually, the flutters became full heart palps exactly 2 weeks after contracting poison ivy, I am unsure if they are related. I was also getting calf twitches and mild GERD. On the day I started getting heavy pals, I was hiking in the hot sun. Both the people who were with me were sweating profusely but I was not, I figured I was dehydrated or my electrolytes were out of whack. Around this time I was exercising more frequently (intense training 4 days a week as well as 3 days of disc golf which involves 2.5 hours of hiking), drinking coffee and consuming alcohol on the weekends (Fri-Sun). Eventually my condition was affecting my sleep and I had noticed that I had XXXXXX Phenomenon was fasting BG between 100-120 and BP slightly elevated for me around 120/75 (Normal is 110/70). I tested my A1c and it was 4.9 so i researched and found Magnesium to be helpful for this. I began taking Magnesium (750mg Dimagnesium malate daily) and increased my potassium intake which improved my condition momentarily, but came back after I had a beer a couple of weeks later. These symptoms would go away temporarily, they would come back. The XXXXXX Phenomenon went away and normal fasting BG came down to a weekly avg. of 92. Drinking alcohol tends to exacerbate the symptoms and drinking more water tends to improve them,, but they are always there. Since this is all began I dropped 7 pounds, but I attribute this to the restriction of potential food allergens (dairy, wheat, eggs). The only allergies I have in my medical hx are hay fever, shingles in 2000 and temporary allergy I had to eggs as a child. I am not allergic to any meds. I have a family Hx of diabetes (father has per-diabetes) and heart disease (father had Rheumatic fever and had triple bypass in 90s)
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 19 minutes later
Thank you for so much detailed reply

The blood pressure values and the blood glucose values you have mentioned are within normal range as in healthy individuals. Consuming large amount of water is always good for health so its always recommended. The palpitations already i told u mostly occurs in anxiety. However if you still are concerned about any heart problem then i would suggest you to have a visit to cardiologist to an EKG and rule out an arrhythmias present.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask