3.5 year child having cough while sleeping. Prescribed montek lc. Any alternate medicine?
User rating for this question
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 33 minutes later
Thanks for the query
Please do use Montek LC unless your child is having nasal allergy. Montek LC is not a steroid, it is a combination of an antihistaminic (levocetrizine) and an anti-allergic (Montelukast) used to treat nasal allergy.
The cough in the night could be due to the post nasal discharge. When the child lies down, the secretions from the nose and the sinuses trickle down into the back of the throat inducing cough.
My suggestion to you is:
1. To use saline (salt water) nasal spray 3-4 times a day.
2. Give plenty of warm water for drinking.
3. Change the pillow cover and the bed sheet used for the child, every night before going to bed, as these things could be harboring allergens which can also induce cough.
4. Avoid making the child sleep directly under the fan or in front of the blower of the Air conditioner.
With the above management, the cough should resolve.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Can an overdose of aspirin kill you
- Premature babies spitting up
- Can antibiotics make you high
- Tan baby poop
- Red poop in babies
- Montek lc medicine ent
- Plethoric baby
- Can a tooth abscess cause dizziness
- Montek lc medicine is this medicine is a sleeping pill
- Montek lc medicine prescribing information guide
- Alternate medicine for montek lc tablets
- Montek lc kid medicine
- Can b12 injections cause weight gain
- Silent reflux treatment for baby
- Can allergies cause bloody mucus