34 weeks pregnant. Feeling dehydrated, started spotting and have normal BP. What does this mean?

May 2013
I am 34? Weeks pregnant (not sure as I had spotting in January) being very sick dehydrated have key tones in urine low B12 and urine infection Borderline iron.Am worried but midwife unconcerned as my blood pressure is ok.Don't understand what she means can you explain?
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 47 minutes later

your symptoms indicating dehydration usually seen in case of hyperemesis gravidarum, which is seen in early pregnancy generally, but some women may have vomitings in advanced pregnancy also leading dehydration, presence of ketonebodies in the urine etc,
generally in pregnancy also ketonuria can be seen due to increased metabolism,

with your doctor's advice you can go for treatment options like,
-rehydration therapy preferably IV fluids and plenty of oral fluids,
-course of injections for vitamin B12,
-iron tablets, if HB below 7gm/dl prefer injectables,
-antibiotics for urinary tract infection,
-nutritious and adequate diet,
-ultrasound to estimate the gestational age and to know the condition of the baby, status of liquor etc.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.