3.3 years old suffering from allergy symptoms. Is it safe to give montek LC syrup and asthafen?

My son (3.3 yrs) old is suffering from allergy symptoms. Doc has prescribed Montek LC Syrup and asthafen. Will there be any long term impact on his health. My son had jaundice (Hep A) a year back. Should I be worried?
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 10 minutes later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1. Your son seems to be suffering from childhood asthma. However it is difficult to differentiate it from viral bronchitis in childhood till age of 5 years.

2. The syrups should not be taken for long term. Rather inhaled bronchodilators with spacer and baby mask can be given for long term duration and symptom free days can maintained on it.

3. Episode of jaundice last year is not a contraindication to his current therapy but his baseline liver functions needs to be done now in view of his taking montek lc syrup and liver function monitoring is desirable in such cases.

4. If possible please you may visit a pediatric pulmonologist.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra