32 M - Obese - Asthma I have had some

General Surgeon
Question
32 M - Obese - Asthma

I have had some general anxiety about health lately and noticing more things about my body. I noticed recently on the top of my head about two inches above hair line in very center is a "ridge" or bump. It is probably 3 inches long and half an inch wide. On either side is a bit of a flat depression and then evens out. So I don't know if it is one ridge or two depressions.

I don't believe I had this before but from what I am reading male skulls don't fully finish growing/forming until early 30's? If so perhaps that is the cause...

Otherwise is this something I should be concerned about? It is not painful, tender, off color or anything like that.

Please advise - thanks!
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be Dermoid cyst

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..
Please note..

1. Well I am a surgeon and I believe by your history that it could very well be a Dermoid Cyst.
This is most commonly seen lesion in the scalp.

2. This will present as you say, no pain, tenderness, redness. Nothing is seen..

3. I suggest you to visit a surgeon and get that excised surgically.

4. It's not something harmful. You can even wait.

Final call, you have to take..

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me back.
Or, you can close the question and rate.
Take care..

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 45 hours later
Brief Answer:
No nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX thank you for getting back..

Please note..

1. Usually in that area there are no dangerous swellings that arise.
2. But, rarely there may be vascular swellings and it can be made out easily, if the swelling is pulsating.

Other than this, there is nothing to worry about..

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me back..
Or you can close the question and rate.
Take care..

Follow-up: 32 M - Obese - Asthma I have had some 0 minute later
Dr. Metri,

Thank you for your information and helpful answer.

Is there any dangerous signs or symptoms I should look for in case it is not a cyst?
Follow-up: 32 M - Obese - Asthma I have had some 2 minutes later
To clarify the reason I ask is my cursory searching about it indicates that it would be moveable if a cyst? It seems quite bony to me and essentially part of the skull. I am curious if there are any other possibilities I should be looking out for.