31 year old. Having mild mitral regurgitation. How to get cured?

is mild mitral regurgitation XXXXXXX i am female 31
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 36 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I am qualified and certified cardiologist and I read your question with diligence.
Please correct me if I am wrong:
1. Your echocardiography examination shows normal mitral (mildly redundant leaflet)
2. Normal Venticular size
3. Mild mitral regurgitation
And you do not have any symptoms of lagging behind your friends because of breathlessness or getting fatigued easily. In short you have no symptoms.
So all you need is infective endocarditis porphylaxis that is if you undergo any invasive procedure for example dental extraction you need 3 G of Amoxycillin taken half an hour before and one doese 8 hours after. In urinary procedure, injection Injection Gentamicin 60 mg to be added. This is to prevent infection to the valve.

You do need echocardiography at yearly interval two parameters Ends Systolic Dimension when it approaches 50 mm or mitral regurgitation fraction Volume increases beyond 50%.

The diagnosis of severe MR is made when >50% of the total stroke volume is diverted to regurgitant flow. Moderate MR is said to be present when this fraction is 30% to 50%, and if the regurgitant fraction is <30% the diagnosis of mild MR is made. The regurgitant volume and fraction, and even the regurgitant orifice area, can be determined with quantitative echocardiography-Doppler techniques,

Usually, with such mild nature it does not happen. If there is any more question I will be happy to answer.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: 31 year old. Having mild mitral regurgitation. How to get cured? 9 minutes later
hi doctor thank you. i do get fatigued easily sometimes usually when less healthy lifestyle and stress. i also have had anaemia.

do dentist usually provide this medicine anyway?

if i am 31 am i at risk that it reaches > 50%?? What things could impact it's increase??

Do you think I could have been born with this? What caused this to happen.

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 28 minutes later
Hi there,
After your anemia is corrected and you still lag behind your peers in doing physical activities then we will say you get fatigued early or not. In any case that is not the sign of mild mitral mitral regurgitation. In fact in anemia can cause diluted blood more blood volume, flow turbulence and thus mild mitral regurgitation.

Most common cause of mitral regurgitation in Australia is 4 hours flight north from where you live that is near XXXXXXX among Aboriginals is rheumatic heart disease. You do not have echocardiographic features of rheumatic heart disease.

Second most common cause is echocardiography is suggestive when it says redundant valve cusp. But it has definitely not committed to this diagnosis.

Yes, you could have born with it and if you have lived for 31 by it remaining mild I do not see why not another 62 years with no change, usually that is the case.
Good Luck. If you have no more query for the present you may please close the question with comments and score.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW