30 years old. Beard and head hair are getting grey very fast. Worrisome

my age is 30 years and my beard and head hair are getting grey very fast.
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 minutes later

If you do not have any skin hypopigmentation (white patches) associated with the hair greying then I would consider it not as a serious issue.

Such hair greying occurs due to deficiency of vitamins and amino acids, those involved in production of melanin pigment.This in recent days is more common due to low quality and low nutritive value of foods.

Do consume protein powders like ENSURE specially one containing Zinc and Keratin.This will improve the skin and hair health.The hair pigmentation problems if not associated with any skin lesions is a reversible condition and protein powders do surely help here.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.