30 month child having eczema. Allergic to wheat and nuts. Looking for home remedy. Can I use boroplus cream?

My 30mths old australian born daughter has an eczema.... She feels very itcy at night .....I tried everything .... Now i want to try indian boroplus cream .... I dont now it will work or not ... Or do you know any other natural home remedy???? She is allergic to wheat, eggs, nuts nd dustmities..... Do you know when she will get out from all these things .... Plz help...... I m giving her vit c nd multi vitamins kids tablets...
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
For your daughter, I would suggest the following:
•     She needs to have only 5 minute baths with lukewarm water. In addition, add an emollient or any cocnut or olive oil to the bathing water
•     After the bath, apply petroleum jelly to seal in the moisture
•     For the eczema, you can apply 1% hydrocortisone cream twice daily till it disappears. Do not use after that.
•     Clothing should be soft next to the skin. Cotton is comfortable and can be layered in the winter. Wool products should be avoided.
•     Cool temperatures, particularly at night, are helpful because sweating causes irritation and itch.
•     A humidifier (cool mist) prevents excess drying and should be used in both winter, when the heating dries the atmosphere, and in the summer, when air conditioning absorbs the moisture from the air.
•     Clothes should be washed in a mild detergent with no bleach or fabric softener.

I dont think Boroplus will help. These measures should bring relief. Children usually outgrow their allergies but it takes some time. Additionally, take every precaution to ensure that she stays away from these things.
Hope this helps