3 year old having red bumps on cheeks, chin and nose. Due to sinus infection?

My 3 year old son has a sinus infection and woke up this morning with red bumps on his chin, cheeks and nose. Could this be from the sinus infection? He is not on any meds as of yet.
Posted Sun, 3 Jun 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 minutes later

Yes, the sinusitis can lead to erythematic rashes(redness) and swelling in the skin overlying the sinuses.This is in response to inflammatory mediators released due to infection in the sinuses.

When the inflammation in the sinuses reduces the reaction in the skin reduces and return to normal.

Suitable antibiotics will be needed for the sinus infection and if he has nasal blockade and headache do apply NASIVION decongestant drops (4 to 6 drops) into the nose twice daily.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.