Ask a Homeopath   »  

3 year child suffering from cold. Have low immune power. What cure should be done?

Ayurveda Specialist
my 3 yr old kid is suffering from cough since 1 month. he is having very low immune power. Kinldy suggest something for his cold and cough and also to boost up his immune power..
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Alternative Medicine
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
For better solution for the recurrent cough I need such information about the patient. Please provide me the following details.
1. Was the child a full term normal delivery? Did he have any major problem at the time of born? Was he given any medications at that time?

2. Till what age has he been breast fed? What are his eating habits right now?
3. In the past 3 years, can you let me know the illnesses he has and the medications he has received?
4. What are his current medications and what is the severity of the problem?

5. How is the weather of your current location?

6. When do the symptoms recur? With change in season, at a particular time, with some food or something else that you might have noticed?

Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: 3 year child suffering from cold. Have low immune power. What cure should be done? 49 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

Thank you so much!!
1. Yes,,child was on born on full term with c-section type of he didn't had any ailments during birth nor was in any medication

2.he was breast feeded for 9 months but with top feed also, as my milk was not sufficient. he eats normal food prepared at home, with one serving of fruits and juices also.

3.he is having the re occurence of cold and cough only. for that i give him crocin and sinarest.

4. currently he was on same medication. but frm last 2 days i have stopped it and am giving him turmeric, tulsi, ginger, jaggery decoction in night.

5. i stay in bangalore. it keeps on changing.

6. i have not noticed any particular reason for his illness. i guess it is weather change and his low immune power.

i guess this will help you!!!
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 18 minutes later
As per the description he is suffering from allergic condition and low immunity predisposes him to this condition.
I would advise you to start these medicines for him
1. Balchaturbhadra Syrup 5 ml twice a day
2. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras 1 tablet at morning with honey
3. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras half tablet twice a day with honey
4. Syrup Septilin (Himalaya) 5 ml twice a day.
5. One course needed of "Royal Suvarnaprashan" six month course to improve immunity (Atharva)

Take care from cold atmosphere and rain.
Give him Boiled water (after getting normal) and milk with turmeric

Hope this helps