3 past miscarriages, taking over the counter medications. Cause of multiple miscarriages ?

is there any over the counter medicines that causes to have miscarriages I have lost last 3 pregnacys and do take over the counter medicines i wanted to know if one i take might be the cause of it
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

I think a better question to ask would be for me to ask you to tell me which over-the-counter medications you take on a regular basis. Then we could think about and discuss whether these may have an impact on pregnancy.

Usually if somebody has repeated miscarriages additional testing is warranted. Sometimes there are blood disorders which can affect one's ability to carry a pregnancy to full term. I would doubt that a simple over-the-counter medication would be the cause of several miscarriages as you have reported.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I look forward to the additional information which I've asked you to provide. I hope that our interaction will prove to be very helpful in your case.

Dr. Galamaga