3 months post childbirth. Taking levlen, experiencing bleeding. Can I take primolut to stop the bleeding?

3 months post childbirth, currently taking Levlen but experiencing 4-5 days of bleeding while still taking active pills. Can I take Primolut to stop the bleeding as I am going on holiday and should I stop the Levlen. Thank you
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
You can take primout to stop the bleeding but it will take at least 72 hours for primolut to control the bleeding. Stopping Leveln will increase the bleeding further. You will have to continue the both - active pills of Levlen and primolut till you want to delay your periods.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.