2y year old having fever and running nose. What is the tylenol dosage?

Hi Doc,
My 2 year old daughter is having a temp of 38.8C. we gave her a suppository 100mg telynol which is a low dosage.
When can i give her next medicine which is 5ml Adol peditric syrup as her fever is not going down.
She is having fever since last 4 - 5 hours. Running nose . No cough.

Please reply
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 18 minutes later
The dose of suppository is 80 to 100 mg every 4 to 6 hours,so you have not given a lw dose.
If you want to switch to oral paracetamol syrup,the dose is 10 to 15 mg/kg body weight of child every 4 to 6 hours.
You can give the oral paracetamol after 4 hours of the suppository.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.