28 yrs old, don't have beard till now and moustache is very small. Suggest food supplements?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doc,
I am 28 yrs old now,and i dont have my beard right now i have my moustache that is growing very small and it is not thick as it should be,my dad also doesnt have beard,he has only big moustache and beard under his chin.please advice me what are the natural foods,suppliments that i need to take in this case.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is totally normal condition, do not waste money

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

According your query you do not have proper full grown beard and mustaches. I have gone through the picture sent by you. I can make out the mustaches are grown but the beard is not properly grown on your face.

Let me first reassure and counsel you that your problem is totally normal condition which we very commonly see in day to day practice. Young men like you who do not have properly grown beard and mustaches are quite concerned and anxious to grow them fully by any means.

The growth of beard and mustaches is totally dependent upon our genetics, it means whatever genes we are carrying for the growth- from our mother and father's side are responsible for that pattern of hair growth and other of features such health, height and everything. It does not mean that we should be totally alike our parents but it means whatever the pattern was present in our forefathers, the same pattern will be exhibited in ourselves also. We usually see this kind of pattern of less mustaches and beard in Asiatic people especially from Chinese origin and people from north east region in India.

In your case there is tendency of less growth of beard which is evident from your father's pattern also. So you must understand this normal pattern of growth and should not at all be worried about the same. There are no natural foods or supplements and even not any medications which can help you in this condition. You may find some fancy advertisements regarding these but all of these are totally money and time waste. Even we have seen that these products can harm your skin as well as your body too!!

Sometimes in some persons who are very desperate, we go for hair transplantation. But these are the males who do not have any hair growth over mustache area. I can see that you do have very good mustache so there is no need to go for the same.

Kindly relax and do not worry about this normal condition.

I hope these information are helpful. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help.

"With good health wishes"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD- Dermatology

Follow-up: 28 yrs old, don't have beard till now and moustache is very small. Suggest food supplements? 1 hour later
Thank you doc but please advice me the foods that i should take to increase my testosterone in my body

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Referred to detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello young fellow,

Welcome to the forum again and thanks for your prompt reply.

Now there are certain food items which can increase the level of testosterone but along with it our daily routine also plays very important role in testosterone.

Testosterone is basically formed from the cholesterol it means the fats itself. It do not mean to take lot of Ghee or fatty stuff but it means you should have good fats in your diet. This you can get from coconut oil and olive oil.

Certain vegetables such as cauliflower and cabbage are good to remove the female hormones from body. Fruits such as grapes, pomegranate and bananas can be taken in daily schedule. Garlic in our Indian set up is one of the important food items. This can also be taken in regular schedule.

If you are non-vegetarian then can take eggs and fish proteins. Other than this do daily exercises, stop any substance abuse like smoking or alcohol or anything else. Take good sleep and reduce your stress if any.

I hope these information are helpful. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help. If you do not have any further queries then can close the query and rate the answer.

"With good health wishes"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD- Dermatology