27 year old, taking toprol, lotensin daily to control BP. Had 2 puffs from Pyrex tube. Is it still safe to take toprol ?

Hi there im a 27 year old man. I am prescribed toprol xl 50 mg one daily to control my BP along with 10mg lotensin and a mild diuretic. For some stupid reason I had a few (4) beers with a buddy who is a regular meth user and he offered me some and I did it ( snorted a medium sized line and took 2 puffs from a Pyrex tube) I know it was a dumb idea especially because I have high BP! I dont plan on doing this again but my question is is it safe to still take the toprol? I take the others in the am. I feel ok just wired, I dont plan on doing this again so I dont need a lecture as I already no its a very XXXXXXX drug
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Gopi A 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I think that you can safely continue taking toprol. I do not see any side effects that you might experience. In fact, toprol may counter some of the stimulant effects of methamphetamine. So you could continue with your regular medications.
Hope this helps.

Dr. A. Gopi