27 year old. Hair started getting white. Is there any treatment for this?

Hello Doctor,
I am having problems with my hair. I am 27 and my hair is getting white . I had some white hairs when I was young and now its looking more prominent and I look much older. Many places they grow from the same place. I can't help it. I checked and its not hereditary. I dont take much stress either.Doctors suggested that I can't control it. But really frustrated with this condition. Is there a way out?
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 54 minutes later
Premature graying of hair is known as premature canities
Premature graying of hair may occur due to
-nutritional deficiency
-pernicious anaemia
-thyroid disorder
- stress, anxiety, smoking
-hereditary factors

Treatment warrants ruling out the underlying cause. As such treatment options are quite limited for premature graying. Nutritional supplements XXXXXXX in amino acids,vitamins like b12, biotin, calcium pantothenate and containing minerals
like iron, copper selenium can be taken to prevent further graying. However the hair that has turned gray would not gain color. Also avoid stress, anxiety and smoking.
I agree with your consulting doctor that nothing much can be done to control graying but taking hair supplements is worth a try.

Hope that helps.