26 years old. Suggest a diet plan to increase weight and improve health

Dietitian & Nutritionist
Give me provide the details of food by which i can improve health and remain healthy.Coz i am 26 year old but my wait is still 50 only so request you to suggest me how to increase my wait. and remain fit.
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Grace Abraham 56 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query

A diet high in protein helps to gain weight in a healthier way. Weight gain is as difficult as losing it, if you are naturally thin. It is not a good idea of increasing intake of junk foods and fatty foods to gain weight. You should be eating calorie dense yet nutritious food. Your calorie intake should come from foods that are healthy for you. The weight gaining diet should include high protein foods, high carbohydrate foods and healthy fats.

Following are some tips to follow to gain weight. You will take some time to gain the weight you need, but be patient.
•Consume more calories than you burn. Choose healthy foods to add calories.
Drink healthy beverages to add calories.
Mangoes are XXXXXXX in calories and carbohydrates; include them in your diet.
•Eat healthy food frequently, 5-6 times a day - 3 larger meals and 3 smaller meals alternately. Separate them by at least 3 hours so you can digest each meal fully. Don't go without food for 5-6 hours after having a major meal.
•Have a balanced diet.
•Protein is the key for the muscle mass. Without adequate protein, muscle gain is not possible because weight training demand for amino acids (which comes from protein).
Good sources of protein foods: whey, fish, dairy products (low fat variety), meats, nuts and seeds (almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds).
Milk is one of the best muscle foods.
The milk contains two high quality proteins, about 80 percent whey and 20 percent casein.
•Healthy fats are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids.
Good fats: cold pressed oils (olive, sunflower, linseed, canola, best cooking oil)
•Complex carbohydrates are also needed.
•Some people think that drinking beer helps gain weight. But it is not true; it accumulates in your abdomen, making it fatty.
•Avoid tea coffee after meals. Avoid sweets at the dinner time. Use full cream milk and curd.
•Soya flour should be mixed in equal parts to wheat flour and mix cream while kneading dough for making chapatti
• Include soya products, nuts and dry fruits in your diet.

Hope I answered your query

Grace Abraham.