2.5 years old child having vomiting and bronchitis. What is the dosage for the ondem?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.
The active ingredient of ondem is ondansetron. It is generally given in the dose of 0.1-0.15mg/kg body weight twice or thrice a day as per the needs.
Ondem syrup is usually available as 2mg per 5ml preparation. This means if your daughter is about 10kg in weight, she needs 10 x 0.1mg, which is 1mg or 2.5ml of this syrup twice or thrice a day.
If vomiting persists despite this syrup, visit her pediatrician at the earliest.
Hope I have been helpful. Let me know if you have any other concerns.
I wish your daughter speedy recovery.
People also viewed
- Phenergan with codeine
- Pulmicort dosage directions
- Shaking hands and body before period
- Ondem dosage 10 year old
- Ondem dosage 2 year old
- What is dosage of ondem for 9 year old
- Pulmicort for croup
- Clean our body before marriage
- Dexamethasone in croup
- Bleeding 5 days before period started period
- Ondem syrup or domstal for child vomit
- Frequent bowel movements before due date
- Vomiting nine month old ondem
- Bottom of feet hurt before period
- Preparation of sulfanilamide