2.5 years old child having vomiting and bronchitis. What is the dosage for the ondem?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.
The active ingredient of ondem is ondansetron. It is generally given in the dose of 0.1-0.15mg/kg body weight twice or thrice a day as per the needs.
Ondem syrup is usually available as 2mg per 5ml preparation. This means if your daughter is about 10kg in weight, she needs 10 x 0.1mg, which is 1mg or 2.5ml of this syrup twice or thrice a day.
If vomiting persists despite this syrup, visit her pediatrician at the earliest.
Hope I have been helpful. Let me know if you have any other concerns.
I wish your daughter speedy recovery.
People also viewed
- Usage of Diaper rash cream
- Side effect of Diaper rash cream
- 25 cylindrical power cure
- Bronchitis third trimester vomiting
- Con cor 25 mg
- Concor 25 vs norvasc
- Drugs/medication for loose motion
- Bronchitis 2 yr old
- Treating bronchitis in 2 year olds
- Sperm count 25 million
- Side effect of Injectable polio vaccine
- Allergic bronchitis in 2 year old
- 2 year old has bronchitis
- Ocd and xet cr plus 25 tablets
- Treatment and cure for Cough