2.5 years old child having vomiting and bronchitis. What is the dosage for the ondem?

My daughter is 2.5years old. She has vomiting 2-3 times in last 5-6 hours. she is also having Bronchitis ( coughing, running nose, fever).My doctor suggested ONDEM in case of vomiting but i do not know dosage.
She is taking Augmentin , Maxtra, Brycanyl and crocin
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later

The active ingredient of ondem is ondansetron. It is generally given in the dose of 0.1-0.15mg/kg body weight twice or thrice a day as per the needs.

Ondem syrup is usually available as 2mg per 5ml preparation. This means if your daughter is about 10kg in weight, she needs 10 x 0.1mg, which is 1mg or 2.5ml of this syrup twice or thrice a day.

If vomiting persists despite this syrup, visit her pediatrician at the earliest.

Hope I have been helpful. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

I wish your daughter speedy recovery.