25 year old having severe hair loss. Any treatment?

Am 25 years old, Male. Having some hair fall issue 30 per day during normal hair wash. Some times 150+ during oil bath & hair washing. I will do daily hair wash and weekly oiled hair wash.
Posted Fri, 18 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 20 minutes later

I guess you are worried about your hair fall.

Hair fall in males or androgenic alopecia has a genetic predisposition and hence if your father or brothers are having hair thinning then you need to worry else not.

100-150 hair falling everyday is normal but then they should regrow - as they do in an ordinary individual.

In people who are suffering from androgenic alopecia the problem is that the fallen hair does not grow back and they require treatment to continue the process of regeneration.

Oil massage once in a while is fine but should not be made a habit as constant pulling of hair due to massage act can pull out hair leading to traction alopecia.

Hope I have answered all your questions.

Dr. Rohit Batra
Follow-up: 25 year old having severe hair loss. Any treatment? 3 hours later
Thanks, Now am sensing some thinning effect.
Could you pls suggest some precaution / corrective measures to avoid thinning.
Mainly to activate regrow of hair. Either natural or medical way.
Pls suggest.
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 3 hours later

Thanks for your follow up query.

You can start taking Biotin and Calcium pentothenate supplements that are prescribed for thinning of hair. They don't have any side effects.
For a visible effect you need to take them for 2-3 months.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.
If all your queries have been answered please close this discussion.

Dr.Rohit Batra