25 year old having grey hair. Due to change in weather?

I am just 25yrs now and i have 7-8 white by now already.
is there any way to stop increasing white hair?
I have travelled 2-3 places for long time. Change in water would be the reason.
but i am not sure.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 19 minutes later

What you are having is premature grey hair. The various causes for premature graying of hair are genetics or hereditary factors, malnutrition and a diet deficient in vitamin B, smoking, thyroid disease, stress and anxiety, unclean condition of the scalp and drying it with an electric dryer. Change in water does not cause premature grey hair.

In your case, given your family history of your father having premature grey hair, it looks like genetic factors are responsible in your case.

For grey hair:

1)     Take vitamin B supplements like Cobadex for some days.

2)     Eat a healthy, nutritious diet and do not take any undue stress. You can also indulge in yoga and meditation.

3)     Get your thyroid status checked if you have any additional symptoms like dry skin, obesity, cold intolerance etc.

4)     At this point in time no remedy exists that can reverse the greying process but for the already grey hair, but you can use various types of permanent, semi-permanent and semi-permanent hair dyes after consulting a trichologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.