2.5 months old child on breastfeed. Suggest some diet chart for child

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My daughter is 2.5 months old(DOB: 3rd July 2012)Only breast milk is provided to her.My wife is working and she has to join her company in Next month.We are trying to feed baby with formula milk(First we tried:Nan" and then "lactogen") once in a day to make her familiar with the taste.But she is hesitant to take it.
Please advice:
1.What else can we provide her with?
2.Can we add sugar to Lactogen?
3. Is there any way we can make her friendly to formula milk?
4.Can you provide a diet chart for her in case if we can provide her other food?
NB: My wife's office timing is 11:30 am- 8:30 pm
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 44 minutes later

1) You can try with similac too, which is currently available in India.
2) Do not add sugar, it can cause loose stools.
3) Try with stored expressed breast milk.
4) Your wife can express milk at home and at work and store in fridge. It can be given up to 24 hours. I would not recommend bottle-feeds as it is well known to cause diarrhea. Try with paladai for both expressed breast milk and formula.
5) Each baby is different. Just start with one or two formula feeds and increase slowly. Demand feeds are best.

Hope this answers your query. Do let me know if you have more concerns.