25% burn injury in neck and chest. Medicine to remove the burn scar and avoid plastic surgery?

My daughter has suffered with 25% burn injury mainly in neck and upper chest region and is still in hospital since 13th Dec,2012. Face is slightly effected and is now healing.Doctors are not confirming whether it requires plastic surgery. Is there any medicine available to remove the burn scar and avoid plastic surgery.
Posted Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am sorry to hear about your daughter's condition.

Unfortunately there is no medicine to remove the scar. You need to wait for few more days to see how the scar is forming.

Sometimes triamcinalone injection is tried for hypertrophic scars and keloids.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini