23 years old. Suggest some methods and diet to increase height

hello doctor,
I am XXXXXXX I am 23 year old male. my height is 5.7 and weight is 66 kg. i wanna increase my height by 2 more inches.
like i wanna be 5.10 . will u please suggest me some other methods to increase my height other than eating chicken or vegetables or fish or egg because i have tried everything.

regards XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 57 minutes later
Hi,welcome XXXXXXX and Thanks for writing in.
I want to tell you some real fact.
First you are in Indian continent, where average height is between 5.5 to 6 feet.
Secondly increase in height is depends on fusion of epiphysis. Epiphysis is active growth plate of long bone or you can call it as growing end of bone. Each bone has different time of fusion of epiphysis. On an average long bone fuses between 20 to 22 years.

Now in your case you are alredy achieved average height and also your age is 23 years. So if epihysis are still open your height will autimatically increase by 1 to 2 inches.
There is no use of any medication or food or supplements whether commercial or medical at this age. So dont waste your energy on the same.

Hope I have answered your query, If you have further concern please let me know.