22 years old trying to increase height. Does masturbation shrink height?

hello doctor
i m 22 now, my height is 5.7. i need to increase my height atleast 2 inches. is maturbating shrinked my height, please help me. my dad is 5.11. why cant i get to his height please help.
give me some advice to increase my height,
Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

No, masturbating doesn't affect your height by any chance. You need not worry about the same.

There can be some amount growth in height till the age of 25 years; do wait patiently. There are high chances where you can inherit your father's height. A good exercise including pull-ups will surely help you in the natural way.

Do not take any medications or hormonal treatments available in market as their success is not assured and can cause undue damage. Maintain good nutrition with ample amount of multivitamins which are essential for normal and healthy growth process.

Hope I answered your query. Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: 22 years old trying to increase height. Does masturbation shrink height? 51 minutes later
Dear doctor,

happy to hear from you, please give me some good excercises to increase my height. what do i want to eat for that, and how do i stretch my body. will gym help me in this case ? or lifting weight would shrink my height ?

waiting for your reply
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Exercises like swimming, pull-ups, yoga and stretching are good to improve the height. The link below will provide some tips on how to perform certain exercises which help to improve the height.

Do consult a Physiotherapist rather than to work out in Gym. A physiotherapist can demonstrate exercises specific to grow height. Lifting weights can hinder the height as it makes the bones stout, avoid them.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have any other doubts

Wish you good health...