21 years old. What diet and exercise should I follow for a healthy life?

My height is 5.5 feets and weight is 145 kgs and age is 21 years. Sir, how should i maintain my health and i am not thyroid parent. I am over-weight from my childhood. But frequently its increasing. My diet is just above normal. Sir please give any suggestions. What exercise & Diet i should follow?

What medicine i should prefer for fastening the result? As I am engineering student and just steping towards my professional life , due to over-weight got rejected my many companies. Sir, please help me out.
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Normal range of BMI for your height is 19 to 25.
Yours is nearly 54.9. More than double the normal range. More than 40 is called MORBID OBESITY.
There is a very great risk of weight related diseases

Weight is like bank account. The account grows when you withdraw less (reducing physical activity) and you deposit more (eat more). If the weight is picking up, it only means – the exercise is not enough or the food is more.
You have to aim for slow and steady reduction – Up to 2 KG in a week, is generally safe.
     You have to reduce the QUANTITY of your food and change the QUALITY too. It is not possible to explain or understand the nuances on a single occasion. To start with, reduce the amount to one third of what you are presently taking. Avoid all fats – they have double the energy of carbohydrates. Include XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. The diet must be balanced.
You should see a good DIETICIAN - One generally needs SEVERAL sessions, to master concepts of calories, nutritional values, biological value, vitamins, minerals and so on.
     Exercise helps But you need to do really severe and prolonged exercise – several hours. Start half an hour a day and slowly step up every week. Its role is however is limited. For example, in walking 1 kilometre, one spends 1 Calorie per kilogram of his body weight! A cup of rice or an average bar of chocolate has approximately 200 calories. A treadmill may help. The ideal solution is to get yourself enrolled in a Gym and have a supervised program.
     The best solution is to GET ADMITTED in a multi-speciality tertiary care hospital.
     You need full base line investigations – ECG, Blood pressure / Liver, lipids, hormones and so on
     You may need Psychological counselling – for motivation, life style changes and so on
     Most probably, you may have to undergo an OPERATION – to reduce the size of the stomach – BARIATRIC SURGERY.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck