21 weeks pregnant. Anamoly scan showed reduced water in water sac and less growth of baby. What to do?

I am currently 21 weeks 2 days pregnant. In the Anamoly scan, the doctor has detected that the water in my water sac is reduced and my child's growth is of 17 weeks only. Please tell me how to increase the water content so that there are no complications to my baby and me. Please help.
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later

Decreased liquor needs evaluation for its cause. Discuss with your gynecologist and rule out leaking. You also need to give blood sample for tests like TORCH IgM, TSH, etc., in consultation with your local doctor. In addition you should have ultrasound every fortnightly for fetal growth monitoring along with Doppler flow. If your congenital anomaly scan is not done get it done.

For now, drink lots of fluids and take balance diet XXXXXX in XXXXXX leafy vegetables, pulses, milk and milk products. Good amount of fluid consumption is essential to maintain adequate levels of liquor.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Best wishes