2 years old suffering from constipation and loss of appetite. Any suggestion?

how to increase 2 years baby appettite
and passing motion for ever 3days,how to pass each andf every day
Posted Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 42 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

I hope I have correctly understood your queries:
1. Your daughter is passing motion once in three days and you want her to pass every day.
2. Want to increase your daughter's appetite.

Appetite of an individual varies with every individual. Our aim is that the child should be growing normally as per the standards. It is important to record the weight and height regularly and plot them against the normal graphs for that sex. I hope you have plotted them against a graph to know whether your daughter is growing normally. If she is doing so then you need not worry about the appetite. Giving a child a well balanced nutritious diet is more important.

If your daughter is passing motion every 3 days means either the child is not receiving adequate quantity of food or adequate quality of food. Presuming that your daughter is gaining weight adequately I suggest that you give her food containing XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, fruits, whole grain cereals, fig, raisins, etc. which shall soften the stools and increase the frequency. Avoid giving her food made of refined flour and so called 'junk' food. You may like to visit WWW.WWWW.WW where I have given details about constipation and high fibre diet.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you require any clarifications or would like to share more facts regarding this issue.

Wishing your daughter all the best.