2 years old, had surgery for intestinal obstruction, doctor cut the appendix accidentally. Again surgery for pain?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
My nephew is 2 years old. He had a surgery related to intestinal obstruction six months back. During that time the doctor had cut the appendictis. Now, again the child got pain in his right side of belly. He is admitted in hospital yesterday. And the doctor is saying , it is the same problem again. The doctor may do a surgery again . As a child of 2 year, this is a major concern for parents. I am asking you : Is this disease permanently curable . How he can be cured permanently. And if the doctor do a surgery,can we say he will not suffer this problem again. Please help
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 4 hours later
Intestinal obstruction is a condition which can arise due to various causes some infective , some congenital or due to chronic disorders of gut.
I would require a few more details of the case like symptoms ,investigations done ( reports), final diagnosis ( intussusseption or malrotation etc) .
For each condition the treatment differs. In some cases permanent cure is possible whereas in other cases recurrence is common.Surgery is curative only of the obstruction is due to a malformation or physical causes( intussusseption) . In infective or inflammatory causes medical treatment might also be required.
Also if the appendix is once removed there cannot be further appendicitis , it's likely that the pain could be due to obstruction of the large intestine.
Please let me know the details so that I can guide you better.
Awaiting your response,