2 years old, getting reoccurring seizures with fever. Took medication. What to do?

at the age of 11 months my daughter got seizures with fever it is upto 2 minutes i go to pediatrician , they told that dont worry it is common in some child when fever raises ,but u are causeous when fever comes , he prescibed me pirocetam with methylcobalamine syrup and dicalciple syrup for long time , now my daughter completed 2 years , in this two years she get three episodes ,? my questin is shall i continue those medicines for further or not ? how long ?
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 15 minutes later

Thanks for the query

I need to know a little more in order to come to a better conclusion

1.I am sorry but I could not find the contents of syrup dicalciple, could you please tell what drug the syrup contains?
2. I would like to know how long has she been seizure free? When was her last seizure? Was it a generalized tonic clonic type of a seizure where her entire body was in a seizure state?
3. Are you giving piracetam daily?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: 2 years old, getting reoccurring seizures with fever. Took medication. What to do? 8 hours later
dicalciplex is general bcomplex with calcium and vitamins nuromin is combination of piracetum and methylcobalamin , 1. last episode is 7 months before .2 . while in seizure it is just for 2 mins and the total body is in regid and the some saliva come out of the mouth 3. for the last five months iam using piracetum . shall i continue those medicines which is prescibed by some doctor at Rajahmundry ? is it Necessary ? he told that when ever fever came iaddition to paracetamol u have to give half tablet Frizium (clozapam ) for three days,presently daughter is active ? plz suggest me one digestive syrup for our daughter .
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 29 minutes later

Thanks for the query

You can stop these syrups there is currently no indication for your child to be taking them. But I would advice you to speak to the doctor who has prescribed them before doing so.

Your doctor has advised you correctly on how to go about a fever attack, please do so in case in the future your child gets fever

Syp Betonin is a good digestive syrup, she can take two tea spoon in the morning and two at night after food. You can give upto two bottles (over a period of time) for complete nutrition.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further ones I will be happy to get back to you

I wish and your child good health