2 years 6 months child not able to chew food, vomits after eating. How to overcome this problem?

Question
My son is 2 years and 6 months old,he has got proper teeth.still he is not able to chew the food.He just tries to swallow the food.If I give any hard food he vomits everything.Because of this reason I am not able to give any hard food.Can you please let me know is this a problem?and can you please suggest me how hto overcome this problem.
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later
Hello

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Initially most of the children do the same thing. Try giving him different food stuff like egg, greens veggies, bolied mashed potato, mashed carrot etc. You can even soak roti in milk and paste it and give him. Initially make it paste and later on soak it and give him.

Give him every thing u eat by mashing it in a food processer. That way, atleast u r assured that he doent loose out on vital foods. Stop Cerilac and start giving him Cerimeal (Nestale product for kids above 2 years).

One word of advise is that, there are many kids who start like this and become 'all fine' in due course of time. So advice you not to worry and try to give him all the vital food.

One more thing you can try is that ask the kids around him to show him how they chew when they ate and he may start it like a game but will learn it very fast from other kids.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer