2 year old with acute constipation. Treatment?
User rating for this question
My 2 yr old daughter is having acute constipation and having trouble in passing stool for the past 25 days continuously. Pls. help.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 4 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.
I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.
Your daughter needs medical attention at the earliest. 25 days is long period for anyone to pass a single stool. If your daughter has difficulty / inability to pass stools, she needs to be evaluated. Ultrasound examination might be needed to rule out any cause in the abdomen. Manual evacuation of stools medically might be necessary as many home remedies may not work now.
Meanwhile, see if she is well hydrated and drinks lots of water.
Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.
Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.
Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
People also viewed
- Colon cancer and constipation treatment
- Ringworm tongue baby
- Shaping a babys nose
- Weird smell in babys nose
- 2 year old with acute constipation treatment
- Menopause and constipation treatment
- My baby has a red nose suddenly
- Baby sticky white running nose
- Newborn baby turns red
- Three year old with constipation treatment
- Spondylosis cerv .lumb.
- Fever and cold after iui
- Chronic constipation treatment
- Neopeptine syrup and pregnancy
- How to relax after caffeine