2 year old child, playing with oral contraceptive pills packet, accidently swallowed a few. Side effects on health?

I'm not sure but my 2 years old daughter was found playing with my oral cotraceptive pills, a few tablets were missing but if in case she swallowed it , whats the effect of the pill?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
It is unlikely that your two old daughter has swallowed any oral pills without the aid of water. These pills are bitter most of the times. Even if the child takes them, she is most likely to spit these out.
If at all she has consumed a few pills she might get an irregular spotting from her vagina which is harmless and is self limiting in nature.
No specific treatment is usually needed.
You need to be more careful regarding storing your medicines properly to avoid such incidences in future.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.