2 year child woke up with puffy eyes and lots of red spots. Could it be chicken pox?

my 2 yr old daughter has woken up with puffy eyes and lots of red spots, she has had chicken pox??
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later

Let me tell you how the rashes of chicken pox look and you can look for the same in your daughter.

The rashes of chicken pox is usually preceded by a low grade fever, the rashes appear more on the trunk or torso initially and then spread to the hands and legs. On day 2 or 3, they are filled with clear fluid in them, called as vesicular lesions or rashes. They crust after 7 days and form scabs.

Please look for this kind of rash or red spot on your daughter. Chicken pox usually does not show puffy eyes.

It can also be a simple response to the vent tube operation that she had 2 days ago.

Is it possible for you to send pictures of the red spots? You have a feature on the right side of this query page where you can upload the picture. Please utilize it so that I can have a look at the spots and suggest accordingly.

Hope this helps you.