2 year child having fiver. Diagnosed as infection. Blood test done. Noticed swollen face and red eyes. Worrisome

my two year old daughter had fever for a week finally drs decided to do urine test and dr said she has very bad infection took cbc and white blood count was 0000 put her on omnisept and said to come back next day to check white blood count count went down to 19,000 after 48 hours of omnisept fever broke but into the 72 hour XXXXXXX her face all swollen eyes red and tearing put her on benadryl and it went away, im very nervous that infection spreading even though fever broke and is there any long term effects i have to be worried from the urine infection she is only 2 years old
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

I can appreciate concern of a parent.

Please do not worry, she will fine.

Urine infection in kids is very common and if proper care is taken care than it is completely curable also.

I do not see any reason for worry as she has responded well to treatment.

Her blood counts has gone down, fever has also subsided. These are all good signs and suggest control over infection.

Due to weakness or fever it self there could be redness and swelling in eyes.

Please complete the course as advised and keep regular follow up with doctor.

In mean time along with medicines,

Please give her plenty of fluids to drink
Give her light diet
Ask her to take proper rest

I hope this helps in reliving your concern.

Please feel free to ask again if you have something more to ask.

Wishing her good health and speedy recovery.